To our questions God has provided answers; not all the answers, certainly, but enough to satisfy our intellects and ravish our hearts. These answers He has provided in nature, in the Scriptures, and in the person of His Son. ----The Knowledge of the Holy, A.W. Tozer
To know who God is becomes a burning question, one that is fed with each new revelation discovered about Him. Truly, the answers we see in the glories of creation (as listed in the Psalms), Scriptures and most assuredly in His Son give us an ideal glimpse at who He is. Time spent on this subject furthers discoveries of different aspects of who He is, and is indeed the most worthwhile life-career to be imagined.
While Tozer is speaking on knowing who God is, I think that we can also take this quote in another way--answers in living. I still have a great desire to live a "normal" life, assuming such a thing exists, but to do the things I see others do. I am not one to sit and be quiet for hour after hour. I want to work and honor God with the job I might do as a nurse, mother or what-may-be.
Yet here I am, with even more limited energy than I had as a teenager. What then should I do?
Looking to God has many answers, including that looking to God IS the most important, life-altering activity we could ever hope of achieving. Looking to God changes our hearts, minds and souls into a different person--one even more driven to look to God.
The never-to-be-completed search to know more about God is an amazing, wondrous journey. He alone can give us life--in heaven and here on Earth. I think often that no matter how limited I may be physically, it is He alone that gives life, gives us the love, grace, hope and so many other things that makes life alive. Life without His presence is dead, no better than being buried.
I forget quite often, especially if depression threatens, that this is
the most important job I could ever have. My job, like all of us, is to love and honor God, obey Him. That job is the main employment, with other jobs being in second place.
We tell ourselves (and each
other!) that we must meet a long list of things---even to be a
"christian". We must do this, we must do that. We run ourselves silly in never ending circles of near destruction trying to prove or meet expectations.
Nature, Scripture, the Son, Father and Spirit indeed answer questions---if we do not know what to do with out lives, the answer is fairly "easy"...to love God with all our hearts, all our minds, and all our souls. To love others. To obey the Lord.
Another way of putting it is this: As I proofread my post, I noted the "I want to work and honor God with the job I might do as a nurse, mother or what-have-you" quote. I am in the apparent "what-have-you" time of my life. This is the third part, so my work is to honor God right here and now, regardless of my abilities.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment