To most people God is an interference, not a reality...others do not go even so far as this; they know of Him only by heresay...To many others God is but an ideal, another name for goodness, or beauty or truth.
~ Pursuit of God. A.W. Tower
Whenever we want to break off, be our own little gods, we have interference. Something strongly urges us against walking down one pathway...yet we choose the one on the left rather than the right.
Whatever it is sounds so delectable. It may be something that will be a "one time" thing in our little thoughts, speeding the car or what have you, but we all know that one little time is rarely one little time. Or, even a long term sin-lust lingers tantalizing before our fingers.
His so-called interference, is, in all reality, a saving factor. If you read the Old Testament laws and debate on them, there is often a reason. I consider the anti-anti-shellfish law, for instance, to have the points of avoiding eating a scavenger who may be invested, avoiding the notorious red tides, (I have not verified they occur in the Mediterranean, but I assume), and how quickly shellfish spoil. Honestly a possibility of three illness causing issues, some which might lead to death. Interference is often a very good thing.
I do consider all things of goodness and beauty and truth to be God, since so many of those things are listed in praise of Him. He is an ideal, but Someone so worthy of worship.
Before RA I most felt close to God outside in my favorite places about this small farm. I could bask more easily in wonder that all about me had been created by God. With RA, while that same scenario remains so true, I see God in many smaller things. I can have days of trembling in thankfulness that things are going better healthwise. I am very grateful for air conditioning to ease my fevers.
I will never forget either the number of times with one cry to Him how He comes to comfort.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment