I had contacted a local pregnancy center to try volunteering as an rn...but another infection means I have to stop my injections. So just reaching a level of life after waiting for my wonderful insurance company to 're authorize enbrel, and I am at square one.
So maybe in another month and a half. My goal is 2 hours a month, since I need a driver. And honestly I don't imagine that it will work until summer, when the weather stops changing every five minutes...
I wept for a couple of hours the evening after I had confirmation of an infection. I am so tired of being so sick, unable to do the things I did. For goodness sakes, I put up hay, cleaned seven horse stalls, rode horses for hours, took care of milk animals, and other livestock, cleaned houses, cooked and preserved food...helped butcher a 1200 lbs bull...fought my way through rn school, and then worked sometimes 60 hours a week. To be this limited, seen as lazy, is a knife to the heart. I want to live. I want to run my house, run a garden, work, see people...but somehow,........somehow I am seen as a liar. I feel seen as someone who is posing. Trying to take advantage maybe of others. The other day I was accused of being a "welfare" lady.
Any pride I had in myself and what I could do is driven from me. People see me on a "good" day and sometimes figure I am indeed lazy....as many with invisible diseases will attest. No one but my family sees me on my worst days, the days I go without eating and force fluids. A great diet technique, but not the most healthy.
I want to live. I drew in my journal the other day a picture of myself in prison. For I am in prison, being tormented by my own body. I am in prison, being tormented by missing out on the many things others normally do. I am in prison...
While I firmly believe God has a use for my prison term, my cell in this house, in bed with a thin blanket to cover when fever chills hit, I sometimes still despair. I am but a weak human, and without God's great strength and glory I would be utterly destroyed. Physically I may be in a prison. And at times I may let my heart be crushed by that imprisonment---but truly I am indeed free by the grace of God, even if the rest of my earthly life is spent being tormented by my body and the ever-invading torture of jealousy at those who do get to live. Pride may be dead, but jealousy is my enemy; one to be ignored viciously.
All glory, honor and power be to the Lord our God; let us indeed praise His holy Name throughout all eternity. Come also, Lord, save us from this broken world.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment