We dwell often upon the love of God the Father. It is the subject of our daily and constant thought. We dwell often upon the love of Jesus Christ the Son. Who would think of calling himself a Christian who passed a day without meditating on the love of his Saviour, but how often have we meditated upon “ the love of the Spirit ”?----R.A. Torres
While I think there can be a risk of separation beyond an honorable level of separation between the three Persons , it is intriguing to me that I have not often thought of the Spirit on His own. The Father, yes, the Son, yes...and while I greatly adore the Spirit and His presence, I have not had much single minded pondering of the Spirit. Just the Spirit and what His actions are as listed in the Word. He is, after all, a great guidance as we walk in life...our true experience of having God at our side.
Torrey adds another point in that the Spirit is not for our use; that is, we are not controlling Him to our whims. Further, how fortunate we are that there is not a Deity who is willing to be put under our command.
If one would consider the acts of those who tamper about with demonic forces, I would hazard to point out that I do not think the person is in control at all. If one messes with such risky behavior, I imagine it might seem like the person is in control of the demonic presence but I think that is misleading---the demon is tricking the person. Consider the forces who entered those in the Word, or caused the destruction of the herd of pigs. Not a controlled spirit.
Thankfully, as a side note, we can by words or prayers, keep such things at bay from ourselves, but that is not our power but the King's.
So then, consider the Spirit, the wonderful leadership He affords us (assuming we listen!), the depths of His comfort and love. I honestly cannot describe nor count the times He has comforted me in my illness---neither can I the other times in my life. Such a Presence is a gift, but something we must reach for---as in any relationship. Thankfully His relationship is steadier than any other.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment