Often we twist God’s arm for the “reasons why” before we decide to trust Him with our circumstances. We want the blueprint spread before us. But the bruised and battered apostle Paul who probably had every reason to wonder “why,” never said, “I know why all these things are happening.” Rather, he said, “I know in whom I have believed.” The love of Christ was enough. Joni E. Tada, Diamonds in the Dust
I imagine that we will see in Heaven the amount of times our prayers were answered---even if it was subtle or not what we intended. I wonder in my own life how many of my prayers have been answered, likely in a way I did not expect or did not notice. I have heard that if one journals their prayers, one sees answers more than before.
The reason for this vein in writing today is that I prayed last night, asking in my confusion what I was supposed to do right now...I was a nurse, just tried to get into volunteering and now am slowly getting sicker because of the newest infection. What am I to do now, when what I thought was my lot is apparently not?
Of course I know the real answer, that all that matters is God, His holiness, His love. But we forget that so easily...just as I forgot it last night--or even the last few days!
Yet I asked a question and half an hour later I picked up my book and found first off the passage I shared. Indeed a quick and loving reminder as to what is important and that little else matters. Whether or not I work as a nurse, have a clean home or any of the other things that bother me (although being sick is a bit harder to take) simply do not matter. The love of Christ is enough.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment