Let them [young people] not wait till they are invited to a chapel, or have prepared a fine essay or have secured an intelligent audience. If they will go and tell out from their hearts what the Lord Jesus has done for them, they will find ready listeners.
C.H. Spurgeon. Vol 1
In my short life I have found few who have spoken of the things He has done in their lives. Either He is inactive, something I know to be a universally blatant lie from my own humble experiences, or there is fear in speaking on such things. Cultural, I suspect. We might be seen as some sort of nutcase.
In this post I am not speaking on discussing such things with nonbelievers...in today's society they may consider one to be a poorly educated superstitious nutcase indeed---at least as a Christian. I am speaking instead on empowering ones fellow followers.
The few stories I have heard generally lead me to tears, tears of a type of joy I otherwise do not shed..... they also inspire deeply. These stories are flashing through my mind as I write.
In my ever "great" age, I have obviously become quite open about my struggles, past and present, but also what God has done during them. While I sincerely hope they inspire others....retelling the times the Father has lifted me in His great arms also has a secondary benefit. I am reminded again and again that I am never alone in harsh times, reminded again and again that all things are indeed used for good, reminded again and again of His enduring love.
Not only is speaking of His love for us in His actions towards us extraordinarily powerful for the listeners...it is as powerful, if not more, for the speaker.
Speak out His love, what He has done---even if only to one person. You are actually actively giving glory and honor to His current, past and present love-actions. And there is really not a worship I have found similar to crying with joy while describing His active love-actions.
May His peace and love be upon you.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment