Victory Over the Darkness. Anderson
The moment you were born again your soul came into union with God...you became spiritually alive and your name was written in the Lamb's book of life (Rev 21.27)
Eternal life is not something you get when you die. You are spiritually alive in Christ right now.
As a home health nurse I met many people: the patients, the friends, the family members. There is something about a Christian that I have found...a "look" in the eyes. Something is there, a glimmer that I do not see in one who does not believe.
One family I visited, toward the end of my last nursing stint, had something about them that made me nearly certain that they were believers. At the end of the visit, the family members looked at each other, nodded...and one leaned forward in her chair.
"Are you one of us?"
Now, that could mean one of a hundred things, but I knew then, "Yes, yes I am."
Oh, they bounced up in their seats! "We knew it! We knew you were!" We were bonded beyond the nurse-patient relationship. If I had their address still, I would send letters---and I know they would be welcomed. Perhaps someday I will make it to their home and say hello.
There is a difference, we can see it in others. A look, a softness--an example of fruits of the Spirit. We are very much alive spiritually, even while our bodies fail us. Older Christians who are likely to pass, have, in my experience, a glowing quality--and I would say that was the fact of a lively spirit.
I love the idea that my eternal life has started now, and while I am not in a perfect body yet, and face the trials and tribulations of this world, I am alive. I, by the love of God and acceptance of His Son, am alive.
How wonderful it is that we have God, that we will live with Him always, from now when time makes sense to later when time is meaningless.
No comments:
Post a Comment