By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me---a prayer to the God of my life.
Ps 42.8
Night. A time which sight is limited. Strange noises fill the air, the flutter of night fliers overhead.
Night is always the theme in horror flicks, a time when we feel the most fear.
Evil is referred to as darkness; God is light.
I have been afraid of night for a long, long time. I remember being a little girl and wishing desperately it was morning. I loved it when people were still up and awake...despised that I could not go to sleep after hours of trying, and heard the solid silence fill the house that meant only one thing. Everyone was asleep.
Now, I can walk in the dark---in fact, moonlit nights are beloved by myself. I will run in an empty field (before the RA) with great delight. Full black darkness fills me with such dread. Power outages are still stressful because of the dark.
Yet I think my fear is abating because I have spent so much time with God at night. The quiet of night keeps distractions at bay. I am not "supposed" to be doing anything but be asleep. At night, one can reach out to God and have a good, full conversation with Him. Discuss problems, fears, your love for Him. In return, with the building of this relationship, He will reach and comfort you. At night you can get full proof that, at the loneliest time of day, you are not alone.
Darkness, sin, evilness all keep us from seeing God. Those things are like walking in the blackest of nights without any homes nearby. Completely lost. We have to have light, we were designed to have that light and love---the complete love only God can give us. With our acceptance and repentance, we have the light and can again see. Reminds one of the line in Amazing Grace: "...was blind but now I see...".
Life without God is a disaster, and little comfort can be found in this world. All comfort of the world is fleeting and simple. Our Father's love is deep and consuming. He love me, He loves you. We are not alone, most certainly not at night when the dark is darkest...just like when life is darkest dark, He is right there, ready to love, support and hold.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment