Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, November 13, 2015

RA Post: Education

The thing about RA that really "kills" me is how it stops my education. I am indeed fulfilling one wish of going further with my own personal studying of the Bible, God and what solid authors have written. 
I miss college. I love school; I had planned on becoming a professor at my local college. Weeks before my RA erupted, I told St Martin's University that I would need to work another year to save up some funds to continue my nursing degree. 
I did contact the nursing administrator some months ago stating my current illness (which she had heard through the grapevine--certainly fine by me. Obviously I write about it all over the internet.). She was super understanding, and really still wanted me to come, to adjust the course load so I could manage. Oh. My heart just aches from the lack of being able to actively be a nurse and to be a student.

It is funny how what we plan goes askew. I had maybe thought Mark and I would be parents by now...that I would have a BSN, be out of school and work raising kids. However, as yet, I am here. Studying God's Word, learning to be patient, give up many things until a time when it may work.

We must all be patient. We can hold onto dreams, but we mustn't force dreams to happen. Any time I have tried to do that, or witnessed others doing so, the dream goes wrong. Be patient. Listen to God. Wait for His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day