Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.” John 4.14
“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him." John 9.3
When one is chronically ill, as Joni Eareckson Tada describes in various of her books, there can be a lot of conversation that sin is causing illness.
While I certainly would agree, I would also agree with Joni---if a conscience is clear---and if one is still actively studying the Word, likely sin is not the reason.
We can then look and hope that the reason for our hardship and trial is to the glory of God. That, for me, makes my trials easier. Especially knowing God is with me while I continue walking the path laid before me.
No comments:
Post a Comment