Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sinking Like Peter

The power went out suddenly last night, which sent me into thinking rather than mindlessly watching TV. 
I was suddenly swept into the passage concerning Peter walking on the water towards Jesus and then floundering into the depths. 

We do that constantly, I decided. Fear is my monster, as previously stated...and fear is easily fed by thinking, fussing, bemoaning, crying and worrying about the specific fear we are afraid of. Any sin is fed by our thinking about and focusing on it. We must instead focus upon God, asking for strength to belittle sin...it is difficult to actively and openly sin when we are fully focused upon God. The Spirit, if listened to at all, will most certainly point out the issue with a sin. 

We begin a good, solid relationship with our God, and have our sights set fully upon Him. Everything about us is lost in a fog because the one thing that is the most important in our minds is He. 
Life then manages to distract us---fully assisted by fallen beings. Much like the story of Job, I believe that they must ask permission to attempt to sway us from God. Some of us become fully lost to God, choosing our own volition rather than rely upon a Creator, some of us are half lost--confused sheep running here and there needing assistance and comforting to be back in the pen--, and then there are those who cling ever tighter. 
I would also venture to say that, much like the cycle of grief, we may hit all or some of the aforementioned during difficult times. 

I have not been angry at God for this battle nor for others faced because of the great comfort I have found by kneeling and crying my heart out. I know that that is often something difficult for others--and who knows, may be a battle I face yet---but if my reader is of that mindset, I would encourage that a time of prayer/letter to God is completed, telling of this hurt and anger. If Jesus was willing to scoop Peter up out of the water for becoming distracted, I can only imagine He is still willing to do so. 

God wants to be with us, know us. We should want the same thing--for this life is a hard and difficult walk, and having a Father who will reach down and help us along the way is certainly worth knowing Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day