Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Being in Christ

Victory Over the Darkness

For every reference for Christ being in you, there are ten for you being in Christ. Being in Chris is the most critical element of your identitiy.

There is a TV show I watch with my husband (or without him if he is not present, ha ha!) that uses the term "my person". This person is deeper than a best friend, in some mysterious way...the sort of friend that shares everything, absolutely everything---the sort of friend that shows up in the middle of the night, calls in the middle of the night if there is a crisis. 
I realized the other day...that while I have other "my person"s, the main "my person" is God. 

This is a new thing for me. I have leaned heavily on God for a very long time. I have had to, as there was no other way of surviving. This battle has changed that, as I have had to rely on Him even more strongly that before in my life. God is my person.

I do not say this to brag. We all fall in our relationship with God when we get "worldly"--go from a time of great closeness to a time of "convenience".
 If I were to explain this to you, dear reader, in person---as I did with my mother---I would be crying. It amazes me and is so wonderful to know that all of me, every single particle, says God is my person. 

For some of us, even with a growing relationship with God (me at numerous times), it takes time to say God is our person. We have to get to know Him enough, have called on Him enough, to say He is our person. We may fully trust Him and rely upon Him...but our relationship is young and new. We may not be able to truthfully say He is our person--even if we do rely on Him to eat every bite while fighting anorexia. 

Any relationship here on earth with our fellow people takes time to build, to be to the depth of knowing we can call in the middle of the night when some "crisis" hits. Thus, it also takes time to know our Father and Savior. Those human relationships can quickly deteriorate if not kept up with a fairly constant contact schedule; again, like the relationship with God can deteriorate without constant learning and conversation.

Being in Christ---calling Him our person---is indeed the most critical element of our identity. If we do not have Him fully into our lives, we do not live: 

John 3.36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
While this verse also speaks of eternal life...if one thinks about it, living here and now is pointless if not for the relationship we have with God. We would live the life here, and continue a worse life after. We would not ever live the life God had intended for humans to live. 

 We must strive side-by-side with God to deepen our relationship with Him. As our relationship deepens, this harsh life takes on more meaning--although I cannot exactly explain that thought. Continue and grow, my friends. Grow deeper in the love of the Lord, know Him more, take comfort in His peace. He is there at all times, for you and I are each His "person".

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day