Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Monday, November 23, 2015

Life to the Fullest


For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. Jn 6.33

I read this verse just last night---tried to get on and blog my thoughts then and there, but being Sunday the internet was completely used up by others as I could not go to even Google. 
I do not remember a time, except for the one time of crisis, when I was not firmly convinced that there was and is a God, and that there was and is a Son to believe in. It was just the way things were. Therefore, I cannot express the massive change in life that many converts express---the change of life being that life is fully alive, and not half dead doldrums of mere existence. 

Yet I can express the change in my life thusly: when at my sickest, and all the effort in the world allows me to hold my Bible, I feel alive because of the Word. When I am at a better point in my life, and I am busy with the twaddle of day-to-day life---laundry, cleaning, etc., my life appears to be more lively. It would seem that it is more lively; after all, I am doing normal things that we all do, surely I am more alive.
I would disagree. I feel the most alive when I remember (and even force myself) to pick up and study the Word. Not a "pious book", as O. Chambers would say---I agree when he writes that reading a pious [Bible study] book is not enough, nor the same. It is indeed not. The Word gives life, is alive, sheds light on our lives, shows us more of God. 
The well-written and solid words of others is worthwhile, and may help expand one's knowledge base on things which help expand the Word...but there is a Counselor sent to do the same (and a better job than any pious author0, and we are so very blessed to have Him and the Word. 
The Word does make one be more alive---much more than any relationship, career or other "life" duty. We were to be with God, so without great focus on God, we naturally feel a large whole we attempt to fill with things of the world. Many of those things are not sinful--families, etc., but still do not fill that gaping hole. 
Speak with God, read one verse, worship in whatever way...for He does indeed make life alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day