Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, November 20, 2015

Eternal Life

.Victory over the Darkness, Anderson. 
Salvation is not a future addition; it's a present transformation. Eternal life is something you possess right now because you're in Christ.....if you see yourself as a child of God who is spiritually alive in Christ, you'll begin to live in victory and freedom as He lived

I love this. When I first read this in April, it was so comforting. Somehow I had never considered the fact that eternal life is mine right now. Yes, I expected that if I died at that very moment I would be in Paradise, but I did not see it as a gift, as if I wore a ring of eternal life. It comforted me on my sick bed that I was given such a promise. I could be victorious and free, even with a chronic illness, I can do what works I feel led to do...even on a bed. Someday, too, either here on earth or later, I will also be free of sickness.

Knowing that we have such a valuable gift makes us more aware of certain things. Many of us live in fear of one thing or another---either for ourselves or loved ones, disasters in the world. But with this gift given, we are victorious over the evilness about us. We, by accepting Jesus as the King, have personally defeated evil the fullest way we manage...while Jesus has already conquered him on the Cross, we must conquer him with our acceptance and following of Christ. Otherwise, he has won us over, and we are lost to his evil whims without escape.

Our gift of eternal life does indeed mean we are victorious and free---free from evil, the constraints of the world. 
I have found myself more willing to speak out about my faith here and other places, while Christianity becomes more and more hated. I do not doubt there are many who claim the faith and are not perhaps in the Book of Life---antichrists fill the world now. 
We stand victorious. We are free. Regardless of what happens to our health or safety, especially with such darkness and murders in the world, we belong to the One who will say at the appointed time, "Enough". Until such time, we remember our Lord, and, oh! He remembers us. Never doubt for a moment that every moment God is very aware of you and me. He knows us---better than we know ourselves, I imagine. He, after all, knew everything about the Samaritan woman, without her saying a word. He knows us, never forsaken us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day