Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Life is a Film

Hit a flare again. Hoping that it is receding. Thankfully--if it is leaving---it hasn't been a super bad flare. 
I never thought anyone could sleep as much as I do in a flare. The last two days I have been up and awake an estimated total of five hours. "Just get up and do something," I used to tell my sister. Ha! Yeah, that doesn't work. You will literally fall asleep while you are sitting, reading...can't say as I have fallen asleep walking, but I would not doubt stepping into "zombie" mode of more than half asleep. 

I was considering life and all its quirks. How some people have notoriously easy lives--they themselves may comment on it. And others have notoriously horrid lives. Life is like a film...an ongoing movie with all it's various players. 

John is my mother's favorite book of the Bible. The very first one she read when she became a Christian. I picked up my Bible last night, when I had a semi-conscious spell and began to read. The words used in that book are incredible to me as well...not that all of the Bible isn't astounding. 
 
 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it. John 1

I love the whole of this section, but today I am partial to verse 3: "Through Him all things were made;  without Him nothing was made that has been made." Likely I love it because it is so similar to the Col verse at the head of the blog....that He made everything. I may be ill, and have many battle scars, but He made me, and I am here to worship Him. How amazing is that? We all face many things--even those of us blessed with "easy" lives---but we were made by Him, and He directs our lives. 

Things may be terrible at times, but we mustn't forget that He knows what terrible is. He faced the cross, He wept at Lazarus' death. He knows what we face...and He holds us so dear. Honestly considering how much we hurt at seeing loved others facing things, I cannot imagine the hurt God feels seeing us fight.We may have to continue fighting because of our bad choices, but He never lets us go.
 I love how God never lets us go. Even when we have times and spells of being incredibly forgetful where God is involved...the moment we think of Him, begin to work on our sinful selves with Him, He does a wonderful thing. He opens His arms wide to accept the prodigal son, wipes the tears from our eyes. He does not open the door, see us standing there in tattered clothes with tears streaming down our faces, and slam the door shut, bolting it solid. No. He opens the door wider, lets us in, and clothes us, giving us strength to continue our time here.

I further love verse 5: "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it"...To me, tonight, that makes me feel that no matter how hard our walk may be, so long as we cry out to God, lean on His strength and knowledge, those horrible things we face will not overcome us. We may perish physically, but because of the love of God and our acceptance of Him, we will not be overcome spiritually by illness, disaster or whatever thing hits us. God is not to be overcome by evil.
It is not easy to face a life of physical difficulties. Yet abiding in God's strength is encouraging, and knowing that all in all, He is always there for me, and will not leave me outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day