From J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver
The discouraged people that grab God's attention are those who intentionally set out to wait; they watch. They watch because they know God will answer...they are productive, joyful people, knowing God will come in due time.
Wait patiently and eagerly. In the meantime, get busy with what you know is you responsibility.
This one always reads funny to me...I can't tell which direction it is going in. So we will just go from my first thought...hang on.
In hard times...none of us want to wait. We don't want to wait when an ambulance is needed, we don't want to wait for medication to work for a disease. We don't want to wait until a vacation. We are impatient creatures.
Waiting is often "forced" on us...and I can say that waiting so long for medication to have any sort of affect on my RA is extremely frustrating. I, too, waited for God to give an answer...an answer as to why I had to do this, when it was going to stop.
I don't think my questions will ever have answers. And at this point I am ok with that. Because I have learned so much about God's love. If we so much as allow Him, He will gather us under His wing, provide such peace and tranquility, and, it seems to me, show how our hurts hurt Him too. Whatever we are going through in this cursed world...we are not facing it alone. He truly is yoked to us to make light the load, but we HAVE to pay attention. If we bury ourselves in work and worry, illness and grief, and do not take the time to listen for God, hear Him speak in the Word, learn from those around us who have experienced hard times....we will miss the fact that our King is standing with us, ready and willing to help. Too often we forget and forge ahead, literally dying in a mire of suffering...when all we have to do is say to our Lord, "Help me."
We do not always get what we want....I would rather not have RA. But I don't know that I would trade what I have read and learned thus far about my Lord for even that.
So fight the good fight, walk the good walk....and say to our God, "Help". Because even if the answer is not what you want....you will find the King of the Universe is so incredibly loving and wonderful that there really are no words---whatever suffering melts away to the background as He becomes full center in your life.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment