And the Holy Spirit imports knowledge to believers. The Holy Spirit, then, is not simply an impersonal force. He has knowledge, and He has the power to impart knowledge.
Sometimes, with this book.....I do not know if I am reading what is written in a way that the author did not intend...or I am reading it right. While I agree with the statements that the Holy Spirit imparts knowledge, I do not, personally, separate the Trinity so much as this. However----there is a large warning in that. Saying "I personally" about God is extremely dangerous, and can lead one down a poisonous path of destruction of the faith.
Which is why I am currently reading more into what others think of the Trinity (with a grain of salt combined with what Bible readings I have stored away), but it seems like they should not be separated so much. And, perhaps it is all description anyway...I think of my Col. 1.16-20 verses that stabilized my faith in a time of crisis seems to put everything together tighter, that the Father, Son are closer than maybe we think...and the Holy Spirit is often so described as Another Comforter (which Jesus was), and then when it is said that we are not to grieve the Holy Spirit.
The separation of these distresses me in some way, as if it is going to be thought that there are three gods, not One. And in fact, during my studies, there are those who believe that there are three gods, not just the One.
While it is important to learn the aspects of these, we must remember that they are one.
The Holy Spirit does indeed teach us. As we read the Bible or discuss with others parts of the Bible, we often know and learn things from Him. We may have read a verse many times, and not seen a portion of it until suddenly the Spirit reveals it to us, in a time that we need it.
I often felt (and feel) so close to God in my suffering. I believe that I am closer to Him than I have ever been before, which I am so thankful for.
We can be close to Him without tragedy and hard times happening, but we have to make steps about it. One must reach out to God with the fullness of heart and hope, with the cry of Peter, sinking in the sea : "Lord, save me!" And just like He did then....He will pull us from the water, and lead us to the boat.
No comments:
Post a Comment