Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Rest Provided

J.E Tada's More Precious than Silver

1 Kings 19.4 while he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness. He came to a broom bush, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he said. “Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors.”
Whether we're terminally ill, on our last legs, or hunch shouldered with a bad case of Monday Morning Blues,a ll of us sometimes say "I've had enough." How did this mighty prophet [I encourage you to read on the starting verse~ 21st Cent. Nurse] surface out of his despair? 
God didn't give answers; He gave Himself. He ministered to the prophet, handing him food and giving him sleep....offered a listening, empathetic ear. [Even] the Angel of the Lord agreed that 'the journey is too much for you.'
The Lord touches your life through the people around you. If there are no people [to help you] God will personally come through for you, giving you strength out of no where. 

~thoughts from April 1st, 2015: Even with people's help, it is not enough. There must be God's help. I have had many sleepless nights that I cried on God's shoulder. People themselves are great and a blessing, but God is the truest help to ever be found. 

I find that thought from months ago true, but harsh. There have been many people that have helped me a lot, and that I feel the combination of those people with God got me through many tough trials. 
Now, there was a time in my life where I was not very popular, so my nearest and dearest friend was my mother. I relied on her, but I learned too to lean on God. I got the most strength to survive my hardest trials (to this point) with God. 
When a form of anorexia hit me, praying to God through a meal was the only way I could eat. 

At our lowest points of exhaustion, whether fighting disease, mental health problems like depression, work, family life....if we tell God we give up, I can't do this, help me!...He will come through. He will give strength for fighting disease, depression and all the other things. 
Think that at the time of Kings, Jesus had not yet taken human form, but God still understood him. He knew how tired this poor prophet was, without having taken human form. How incredible is that? How much more so, having lived life in human form, and being our High Priest, can He understand how tired we are from everything on the earth? We were not created to take what this sinful world hands us. The only way to take it at all, is to remember that God is there, He has been in our shoes...and He will provide comfort and strength, love and peace. 
The thing is.....you have to want it. Want it with your whole heart and soul. God wants someone who is completely committed to this relationship. After all....who of us would marry someone we knew was cheating on us constantly? We are literally doing the same thing when we become wishy-washy with our faith. 
Keep strong in your faith, "be still, and know God." Because it is an amazing, wonderful and indescribably relationship. Peace be upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day