From the Spirit Filled Life. C Stanley
Do you talk to the Holy Spirit?...He is a person just like Christ...He has been sent by the Father to assist you in all practical matters of Christian living.
I figure that when you pray to God the Father, you are praying to all of the Trinity. Somehow, this again strikes me as a dangerous thought---it is good to know of the Holy Spirit, and we are commanded not to grieve the Holy Spirit...but the Holy Spirit is Jesus and Jesus is the Father...if one of the three is grieved, the others are as well. Jesus told us how we should pray: Heavenly Father etc., etc., yet rarely do we pray like that, we tend to pray as Jesus prayed--yet still to the Father.
I adore the Holy Spirit, do not get me wrong, I just think that instructions like our opening statement could cause problems, a creation of three gods, not one God.
During this battle with RA, as I said yesterday, the Spirit was what kept me going. I lost so much weight at first (now after some prednisone I have the opposite problem), and I was in so much pain and so sick. I just lay someplace, asleep or staring with the same movie on repeat. I couldn't even really talk to people from the pain and nausea. Yet He was there with me, holding me, encouraging me, loving me....a piece of God helping me to live, and not become depressed.
God will be there for us in our toughest times...but when we ask for it. There are times still I am do sick to pray more than "help me", or "please,". That is all, no further words, descriptions...and I could feel Him rush in to fill my heart with light in the darkest of times. When we are angry at Him, I think, but I do not know, we would need to release that anger....but I have found in general that anger is intensified by the evil ones around us. Remember, we are waging war, still, on the fallen angels. I find, personally, especially if my anger seems excessive for the cause, if I pray that God banish them from me...my anger drops precipitously, and I can again pray to my Abba, Father. It is difficult to listen to a child who is angry, because the tone of voice and choice of words are hard to understand, making the child angrier. I am certain that we can and do pray to God in anger, but I think it is best to assure that any help making our anger deeper is gone. Like having an angry child take some breaths so you can understand him.
I was not angry with God because I got RA. But I have known people who were. I just knew, as the RA raged on uncontrolled for nearly a year, some purpose would come from it, as purpose came from my anxiety and clinical depression and anorexia NOS. Those times of hardness have been so incredibly useful, and I thought I would die then. Now I face a hard time, and I wait patiently on the Lord. For He rescued me from those bad times, I know He will rescue me from this bad time.
Praise the Lord for this day, a day of comfort and peace for me. Praise the Lord O my soul! Ask Him for help if you feel you are drowning...close your eyes, and be still, knowing He is God. I find that to be the most incredible feeling. Peace upon us all.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment