So, a completely non-RA related topic. The large woodstove in the house has been without fire for roughly a year and a half. This winter was mild, and unless it gets cold enough that the heat pump has to pump a whole lot, we avoid the stove. Too many of us have allergies to the smoke, and the stove is old enough to leak smoke a little.
Now, not to say that I do not love a good fire. There is nothing like sitting before a warm fire on a freezing day with snow outside a foot or two deep, and a good book and cold drink of Pepsi inside. Near perfection. Just add a cat dozing on the back of a couch, and the dog at my feet. Preferably on my feet, to keep them warm. Ah.
But I digress. We are speaking of high summer, the heat higher and longer than it has been in some years. I often sleep in the basement...it is cooler and helps with the pain. Besides, many nights I wake up and read or do art therapy to try and relax and sleep.
Lately as my DH (Dear Hubby) and I watch some TV and talk over the shows about his job, etc., there was the chittering of "birds".
"Oh, those stupid birds," I say, "They've built a nest in the stove pipe."
My DH looks at me, and replies with the calmness men always seem to have about creepy animals, "I think those are bats."
"Bats!" I just about shriek. "Why do you think they are bats?! Oh ick!"
DH looks at his hysterical wife, "They sound like bats. Not birds."
So, for the next few days, I complained to him every time the bats chittered. I did not realize bats chittered so much. And I believe they were inviting all their cousins, second cousins and some irascible uncles to visit. The drunk uncles sang bat songs all night with increasing volume.
ou
We happened to buy those "sound" things that are supposed to keep away bugs and mice. I assure you, if placed right beside a bat home, will clear bats out in one day. Oh ick.
It is indeed disturbing to sleep less than fifteen feet from a house of bats. I dare not open the stove and make a small fire to smoke them into finding a new home, as the nasty, ugly things might fly out at me. So I shrunk at each new chitter, and complained to myself.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment