I spent some time in prayer while crying, and God granted me peace. Another example of answered prayers, even if physical healing is not a "right now" answer for me. I almost always get peace or joy, without even asking for it, but asking for relief and strength. God took the great guilt I was feeling away, as well, which I know was not even from Him, but from the spirit of the world.
Guilt has been a huge thing for me the last two days, without even anything I could put a finger on. I have spent so many years feeling guilty like that...and stupidly do not realize that it is not a sin that I am being conscious of, but a poison of the world. I am being more careful to ask God to show me anything that I need to ask forgiveness of, and to bind those spirits from me. I think that they are more active in our lives than we may realize. While I do not get healing from asking God to bind evil spirits from me...I sometimes get relief of the terrible muscle spasms or nausea, and a great relief of anxiety and depression. I think we are too used to our "modernized" world, and do not recall often enough that there is a spiritual war going on all around us.
Think on this:Daniel 10
12 Then he continued, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. 13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.
Wow. Angels battling. Pretty amazing.
I found this last night, and was astounded:
1 Corinthians 2:12New International Version (NIV)
12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.I have read this passage so many times...and never noticed the fact that, without the Holy Spirit (probably with, if we let our guard down), we have the spirit of the world...the king of deceivers. How horribly. No wonder when we are sick, depressed or whatever, we struggle so. We need to remember to ask God for help in that battle. Such a spiritual battleground.
No comments:
Post a Comment