Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Broken bodies

Up to my recent chronic illness, I have always been rather healthy. I did tend to complain about each and every illness, but I think, too, that that had to do with my upcoming RA-ness. Every sickness is made worse by any other sickness. Women can attest that having a cold and a period is worse than just one or the other. So having RA and something else is also worse. 

I was very frustrated having just finished a flare and been thrown flat on my back again unable to eat or even read the Bible. I find myself so envious of others who are still working, going to college, having dates with their spouses, hanging with friends, running...any daily activity that I must now consider highly before doing. 

Do I clean house today? Or do I take a shower? 

It really is one or the other. Too many options in one day, at this stage of the game, means being sick in days, possibly hours. Slow and steady means more "healthy" days. Fast efforts means a crash course to bed ridden status.

I found a verse the other day which intrigues me: 

They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain


If the temple was a copy and a shadow of that in heaven, and our bodies are a temple, how much of a shadow and copy of the heavenly bodies we will get must our current and broken bodies be?

Amazing to consider that, as imperfect and broken as my body is, and can become, that how perfect my new body will be. 
Joni Eareckson mentions in her book "Joni" that she will not be paralyzed forever. Only until she gets her new, heavenly body.  
A hard part was considering being sick and in pain FOREVER. But, in all reality, I won't be. I, too, will be well and healed in the future. I won't be sick forever and then die. I will possibly be sick and in pain for a short time and well for eternity with my King. 

With His mighty hand holding my aching body and lending me strength, I think I can survive that short time. He, after all, took on all the pain and suffering and sin on the cross for a short time, the agony of which I am certain was beyond words. Surely, with God as my shield and help, I can manage this short time until paradise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day