Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Suffering

Why do we so often have to suffer alone and quietly with any illness? I run across more and more people who are sicker than I ever knew because we cannot talk about being ill. It drives a wedge between people. 
I think it is fear...fear that it is "catching". Fear of what could happen to me (you). I could never stand reading about people with injuries that lead to paralysis because of the fear it would happen to me. Or speak about cancer...
There are too many times we judge wrongly, and decide it is in the person's head. If they just ate better, exercised more, etc., etc.; not to say that that may not be true...but there are instances wherein that will not cure the person. 

I just managed to get over my flare enough to even be awake...have not actually grabbed my Bible, but was mulling over the Psalms. How much people cried out to God, yet continued to worship even in the midst of suffering. That's faith. Continuing to follow and worship even in the worst of times. It is no difficult matter to be faithful when everything is perfect--in fact, at that point, why bother? Everything is perfect! There is no need for help. Again, thinking on our heroes, we look to those who have struggled against great difficulties. Jesus took on the worst of the worst of difficulties. I imagine the Cross as being the worst: EVERY illness, the guilt of EVERY sin, the WORST of any sensation, and the complete desolation of not one presence of God. The epitome of a Living Hell. I am certain that that time was the worst any man has ever faced. Somehow it makes my suffering seem trivial, although it is still incredibly hard to face. 

Ps 61
 
Hear my cry, O God;
    listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
    I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the foe.
I long to dwell in your tent forever
    and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.[b]
For you, God, have heard my vows;
    you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day