I received at Christmas time a copy of Annne Frank's diary. How this little book is being loved to death!
I read a line: Believe me, if you have been shut up a year and half, it can get to be too much some days!
Truer words are not often spoken.
Finally, after an entire fall and winter of barely managing a month of shots......I hit numbers five on Thursday. Today I can note the increased pain in lesser joints, such as hands and feet, which always meant swelling was lessening enough to let them scream. Knees and ankles popping loudly, asserting too their lessening pressure.
So then, might I finally expect a relief in exhaustion and illness? Might I no longer decide whether an activist is worth the five or more sick days but be free to just go?
Oh, lazy soul! cries the world. Surely you have planned to remain on bed or chair? Little can be more boring, unless it is to stare stupidly at the wall! I would not wish this experience on the worst enemy one might ever have!
I did go to town with my husband. A short trip, of course, and even such more temper was flaring by the end from exhaustion. It found me apologizing to him for unkind words which were not deserved in the least!
I did, however, find a moving sale while he was mailing a package. I clipped along happily, scouring through the books. What treasures! A whole armload of Christian study books, including Bonhoffier. An added surprise, they would not charge me for the books because.of what I selected! I am quite excited to read (and have indeed begun) these books too.
Life continues on. Whether we are in prison in Nazi Germany as Bonhoffier was, hiding from danger as Anne Frank was, facing the world, or fighting a painful, sickening disease. Time moves on...and in one way or another, we ought to make the best of it. The best being, in all truthfulness, to focus not on ourselves...but on God and all His glory. It is then that we have more than we otherwise could ever dream of. We are not to just be "happy" with who were are in some manner.....we are to delve deeper into God. For goodness sakes!!! We are, many of us (!) in parts of the world that easily offer such a thing by the aid of study tools for the Spirit's work in others to help also teach us....and yet we would rather dawdle before the computer, phone or whatever. Strive deeper....for relying purely on the words of someone else is among the most dangerous of practices. Unintentional or intentional steering the wrong direction can and does happen. Test everything by Scripture. For what He says and what He led the Apostles to write are what we are to measure with.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment