Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, June 2, 2016

"Toy" Schnauzer Post: Puppies

I have a "toy" Schnauzer---which by AKC standards does not exist. However, there is a growing group of people who are attempting to create the breed. They mixed in a little poodle, which gives the dogs a different coat that the mini, standard and giants. Those terriers are meant to hunt, and the coat, when stripped, is very coarse. The "toys" have soft, silky coats, with the occasional coarse hair--depending on the dog.
Our male, Mister, has what is referred to as a "super coat". This coat is extraordinarily thick; burrowing into soft clean sheep wool. Also makes for a dog that is very HOT if the temp is above 75*F.
Zoe, my black female, with soft silky fur, just had 5 puppies. There are three males, two females, one chocolate female, one black female, two chocolate males and one back male. They are so fat and healthy. Zoe is being a fabulous mother. She is perfectly happy to go outside and do her business, but she loves to come back and see her puppies.
I've never had puppies before. Technically I guess I did not "have them", and never will "have them" myself. But it is an interesting experience. I love dogs, always have, and even was in dog 4H for several years.
If I felt better...I think I would go ahead and do what I had always said I would do when I had outgrown the age of 4H. Show in obedience trials. There is, however, a ratting club that has started up---don't worry, the rats are kept from injury, and know it---and Zoe would love it. I know someone who is competing in this new (for the USA) dog showing, and I should ask her.
That is what is up with the pups for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day