Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

RA Post: Blessed Day

I was quite blessed yesterday to have one of the healthiest days I have had in nearly two years. I went to visit my sister who lives the furthest from me---which makes for at least a 45min drive. A beautiful drive. But...car rides are killer for RA joints.
All that jarring, bounding, jerking and the way we brace ourselves in the car at turns and stops. The steering wheel can be extraordinarily painful, as the elbow, wrist and finger joints ache and throb like the worst of sprained ankles...that are then bounced.
I digress.
A delightful drive to and from my sister's house. My nieces all chattered to me, so I heard more about their childhood experiences than what my sister was seeing and facing---but I enjoyed the chatter. My nieces all have rabbits, and so brought in in various waves of rabbitry their pets. I miss rabbits, having owned them myself.
I must say, yet again, how wonderful it was to have such a healthy, normal day yesterday. The last month especially, but all these many months have been so very trying. It is so difficult to just feel so terrible when most of those about you are not facing health issues. Also it remains difficult that few people but my immediate family see me on my worst of the worst days. When the general public sees me I may be limping or leaning, but my face is normal, a smile may be present. They don't see the shadows black under my eyes, stretching well into the cheeks, the white skin, the sweat-dampened clothes worn for a week straight because I feel too terrible from pain, fevers and nausea to even care what I look like.
I miss being "normal". Having good conversation with those my age about things I used to talk about. But for one day...I at least was blessed to have a normal day. I didn't even take a nap after my drive. And I don't recall that ever happening in the last 1 yr 11 months. Thank the Lord for strength and a breather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day