"In both the Old and New Testaments He tells us this [the care for and plan for our lives] is true. The key is that He never promises to reveal these purposes all at once in advance. We do know we are called to keep in step with the Holy Spirit.
Francis Chan, "Forgotten God", David C Cook pub, 2009, pg 121
I love this---something we always ask for is "what am I supposed to do?" "When am I supposed to do this?" The key is just walking with Him and doing as He would wish.
Yet this group of sentences might be discouraging. Especially when one is in the midst of a trial. What good is this for, this struggle I am facing?
While I often say such a thing to myself in my sicker moments...I also know from experience the incredible things God uses the trials we fight through.
When I was on the other side of my anxiety and depression of many years ago, I was amazed at the amount of other people who were in the middle of the same battle. Those who would come to and open up to me about their struggle.
The classic verse for struggles is James 1.2-3:
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
Click here for other versions
The perseverance of faith is worth so very much. For at that achievement, like the graduation of one from a University program, is the knowledge that with God we can indeed face whatever test is thrown at us from the prince of lies. As we walk through our short lives, we can utilize the strength gained from the last trial to bolster up our battle-line, knowing to call on the Lord (remembering may be an issue at times) for His strength and peace. Consider then, your latest trial, and what perseverance techniques you had learned, and now carry with you. It may be too soon for you...but eventually I was grateful for the things that led to my anxiety and depression...for those "demons" can never capture me again
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment