Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

RA Post: Hold That Shot!

I now have an infection...which means that I get to hold my Enbrel shots until 1 week after antifungal medication is done (and I feel better). I will need to hold methotrexate only if infection if NOT improving. So guess that means I will hit the pcp today or tomorrow...as it does not seem to be clearing up. Now, most oral antifungal medications are taken for a month. So Enbrel shots will be out of the question for a month and a week. Which means I will shortly be more ill RA wise, while "better" in the other way.
So, what little freedom I have had may vanish like the wind...for what effects Enbrel has is removed from the body after one month. I pray to God that these symptoms of basically untreated RA (with exception to being able to take MTX) do not happen...if it enters your mind, dear reader, please hold the same for me in prayer. Or...an even better thought could be that this fungal infection was "underlying" for some time, and that if treated, helps put me in remission. Unlikely...but considering the first antibiotics I had for an infection knocked the RA out for a couple of weeks gives me the slightest hope for a similar action.
At this point planning on going to my primary's walk in this AM, so as to start some sort of therapy now. One day sooner starting equals one day sooner hitting the shots. However...I still intend to possibly, as my rheumy agrees, to change biologic medications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day