I'm working on sleeping, so that is the time to think deeply, and become too engrossed in the thoughts to sleep. May as well write them out, because that usually stems my thought train as effectively as a horticulturalist trimming plants.
My thoughts tonight wandered into the region of our fortune in having the ability to choose Christ, become clean and pure enough to enter Paradise...while demons, a fallen being, cannot.
I have decided, until I find something else, that it is because of the fact they refused to be in Paradise, after living there an unknown time frame. I probably have had discourses on this before....but it is more on the fact we can be made clean.
We are, foremost, made in God's image, something angels apparently are not. It's likely not something we are supposed to understand--the differences between us and them--- but it has begun to intrigue me slightly. How is it we have some sort of protection from them ( at times or always, I am not sure--having not looked into Scriptures enough on this topic) and yet at the end of this age, we rule over them (?), from all I have heard and read.
The difference must lie in the fact of our ability, by our gracious Lord, to hold within our existence the very Spirit of our God. Perhaps there is the key.
We are so blessed. In the hard times, we are not alone. I remember a friend telling of a young man, thrown by seizures in Africa...sadly I have misplaced the country in my tired mind. This young man was allowed to seize into a fire, because there it is still believed (and I wonder how much they are right) that demons or spirits were in this man, and would pass to them if they touched him during a seizure. The man suffered bad enough burns that the only choice was bilateral amputation of his legs....effectively creating a curse of being a beggar the rest of his life. A life of completely depending upon others, hoping to not be turned away. However, if I recall the story right, this young man was still singing praises to his Jesus, his Savior. He was glad that there was a hospital; he had not died. He, facing among the worst that can befall anyone in a third-worls nation, beggarhood, was praising Jesus.
We cry here, in moderately safe places, because of our illnesses, our being hurt emotionally, our lack of fortune. Oh, and yes, those things hurt, are so hard, I do not deny...yet are we singing praises? Are we singing with joy because we happen to have a doctor, regardless of how kind? That often there is someone who is kind, friendly? Someone who will let us camp on their couch or backyard when times are rough? Not always.
Oh my. My stemming of thoughts is not working well.
So let us remember...with fullness of heart,soul and mind, that we are blessed. We have the Spirit of the King to comfort us when we face the terrible of the world. Oh, my friends...as I face a lifetime of pain, sickness and possible deformity--- I feel so brave at this moment. Terror is gone, my soul is watered and fresh. We will stand strongly, no matter our hurts, when the Creator is at our side...He may carry us at times, when no longer can we walk, but He is ever there. Let us be brave and at peace in our Lord and Savior.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment