Mulling over thoughts the last several days. Shocking, yes, that I was thinking yet again.
I was thinking how, over the last ten + years (and as they say on Laverne and Shirley: "Did you ever think you'd say anything was ten years ago?" ) how I was a tired social butterfly. I'd go to most any get-together, some I stayed half an hour at, some I'd be one of the last three to leave...signs, one, of RA and fibro flaring, as from one day to the next I had differing energy levels. Massively noticeable energy levels. Massively noticeable health swings.
I know I complained for several years about being tired. Even so far as to speak to doctors, have blood work done. I was tested for RF (rheumatoid factor--a marker for RA that can be a false positive and a false negative. That is why, technically, one is never fully diagnosed with RA. It is always a "working diagnosis", as there is not even an 80% positive test) with negative results. The same for sed rate (red blood cell settling) and ANA (forgetful RA brain does not recall what this is. Likely no one really cares ;) ). Nothing was "wrong" with me.
Now, as I spend most days quietly at home with visitors when I can handle such a thing, I think how odd it is that I am not going stir crazy. Being ill makes that happen---no one wants to visit when they feel horrible. Yet for so many years I managed to make it to some things.
I miss my dear family-friends....my friends who are so close that I call them sisters, or brothers. "sisters" children I consider nieces and nephews. I love them all---I know the sentaments are returned mightily, even while my presence is missing. The internet is a blessing for the chronically ill. It allows for more contact than might otherwise be available.
Support groups are available 24/7...my groups have members around the world: England, Australia, South Africa. Someone is there to talk, to listen to the endless complaints an RA sufferer might need to vent. Again, a blessing---and many will be praying for you right then and there, asking God to strengthen and be with the sufferer.
RA has been teaching me many things. A different outlook on the illnesses my patients faced, the fear of illness, and the strain of illness. I have had the blessing to study the Bible in more depth than I have ever had "time" for before; to absorb ideas of great pastors and authors, to counter ideas not sound with biblical teaching. to find myself in deeper commune with my Lord than ever before.
I do not want to be sick, and I hope that I will receive total remission...yet I am very grateful for the blessings available to me right here, right now.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment