"And so he [Paul] glorified in his infirmities, that the power of Christ might rest upon him."
the Preacher and His Models, lectures at Yale 1891---Dr James Stalker
"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs then all." 2 Cor 4.17
7 or because of these surpassingly great revelations.Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.----2 Cor 12
So many times I have asked for healing, to be healed right now. Not tomorrow, nor next week, nor whenever I enter heaven. Just to be who I was before. At least in the abilities section of life. I'd rather not lose the knowledge I've picked up.
I still want to be healed.
How often do we look at difficulties at think to ourselves how when we are weak, He is strong? I have to say i only think it in four instances: when writing a blog post, speaking about trusting God with people, studying the Bible and godly authors, and when I have cried out to Him during difficult days or moments and been answered so quickly and well.
The thing is, we never want to give up. Just like the garden of Eden, we keep reaching out for the scintillating view of delicate, poisonous sin. We will just manage all alone, thank you very much.
And how well do we manage, in the long run?
Our problems in life are just the genetic curse of generation upon generation upon generation of sins. Somehow they are all related to sin.
We may not get the answer we want "today" when we pray, but we do get an answer. Sometimes, thankfully it it no. I have read old written down prayers and thanked God He didn't answer it the way i had hoped. So thankful.
He never ignores our cries. We are His children, and no good Father, as He is, would leave a crying child of His. Not now He paid the ultimate price of death.
As we go about our day, we should try and focus that it is not our strength that we are running on, we are really running on God...the glory we get should all go-to Him. We are servants, and commendations for servants who work well usually go to the master of the house.
On my worst days it is hard to impossible to imagine that I am .a source that makes His power perfect. Imagine that I am at all useful.
The thing is, our determination to keep God as our God, King of kings in our individual lives gives Him such glory and honor. We may not be the prodigal son, but we are still something God values much. Our battles keep us from being distracted completely by the glitter of sin, forcing us to look for strength outside of ourselves. Some do so with more sin, digging a deeper hole. The only lasting option of strength is God.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment