Finding and admitting something hurts is part of letting God be in control.
I haven't even noticed until the other day how desperately upset I was at being at my two year anniversary. It's really hard to be in one's twenties and be physically limited.
And yet, when I start to look, I think I see outlines of possible futures with my disease.
I think that is some of the perseverance we are supposed to get during trials. Perseverance in our faith in God, that He never leaves us----but also that good things will be found at the "end" of a trial. For example, Joni Eareckson Tada is well-known for her strength in God, putting her faith into God while her body remains immobile. She is still technically suffering the trial of paralysis; she is not losing the battle of which god to worship, fear or God.
Trials come in all shapes and sizes. A flat tire, a dentist appointment, a heart attack. Life here is sinful, everyone's life is poisoned by sin in some manner. Our job is to make the right choices when a trial hits.
It may be two long, hard years of sickness. I may have many long years ahead. But I can choose to focus on God, to not let the devil get a foothold. Once I continue to choose God, I will notice how much calmer my spirit is. Of course it is! It is the closest it will be outside of Paradise---my soul isn't being weighed down by the poisons of the Prince of the air.
Make an effort with me, force yourself to pick up the word, or read a book on the word. stop that foothold, break it off so that the evil one cannot get deeper into unsettling your spirit. We are meant to be in communion with God, not Satan.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment