I had an episode of boiling rage a week and some back. I had reason to be angry.
We often have a reason to be angry. The question is, is it right to be angry.
One thing about RA, I will pay for any emotional upset. Excitement, sadness, anger. If I do not stop an emotion as shortly as possible....I will be much sicker. Crying is the most common fight I get.
Most of the things we are angry about really do not matter. Often it is a misunderstanding, or a bad day on someone's part, yours or theirs.
I was so angry that night that my entire face was red and hot, I had cried in rage, hurrying my face in a blanket to try and stem the tears. And then, it suddenly flashed upon me that I was not angry in a holy sense. It was unholy anger.
I tried for some moments to stem my rage, but had to ask God to take it from me. And I still had to fight to not feed the dying fire.
I was mad at a person, as we all so often are. But while I may have been hurt, my reaction wasn't a holy anger.
From all I have read in the Bible...holy anger comes only in protecting God. Ensuring His honor is intact, such as Jesus at the Temple, chasing off the animal and money changers--who, by the way, were charging too much! That is holy anger...
Anger is a problem in everyone's life in some point or another. Maybe a higher level in one person's, less in another---or displaced into shyness or anxiety. Whatever it is, we have to ask God for the help we need to fight these battles. We were not meant to have these battles in the perfect world....I don't think that we can physically, emotionally, or spiritually expect to manage them on our own in this broken one. Besides...it is so much easier to walk with someone when having to do hard work than alone.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment