Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Within Natural Life

The time a Christian gives to prayer and communion with God is not meant for natural life, but meant to nourish the life of the Son of God in him.
The Complete Works of Oswald Chambers, Discovery House Pub, 2000, pg 103

I disagree with this, only in that the prayer and communion we share with God is meant for natural life because it nourishes the life of the Son of God in us.
Being of a pessimistic nature, I look back on my life and think useless, useless, useless. Everything is useless. I feel exceedingly useless now, because of the limitations I feel physically. What I did, I cannot do without great consequences to health, nor can I serve as easily in the path I thought I would serve--namely nursing.
Thousands of people look to and read Joni Eareckson Tada's books, listen to her on the radio, volunteer and work with her and her Wheels program. One would think, honestly, that someone paralyzed from the neck down for 50 years would be exceedingly "useless".
Yet obviously God has used her in great ways for many thousands of people.
Regardless of our circumstances and trials, it is "useful" that we walk as we do with the Lord. We were, for one, created to do so. For another, those who stand fast to Him, lean on Him, during the hardest moments of their lives, shine forth that He must be real. For who would possibly go through great trials and sufferings without cursing their god for allowing it? We may go through an anger...but we still believe He exists.
I think that is what the meaning of Job is. That throughout the sufferings we face, we should continue to rely on Him---at least that is what stands out to me.

"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you." Ps 9.10
Even if we face these great trials, we are, for one very important point, never alone. The worst thing about anything is facing it alone. We are never alone, always have His love and strength. The world's strength comes in drugs of all types---narcotics, alcohol, sex---whatever it is that will numb the pain of a broken world the longest. Only the strength of the Lord gives one the ability to walk through natural life until the fullest part of our life actually comes to be, at the end of the ages when we are within His heaven and earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day