Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Saturday, July 23, 2016
Endless Reservoir
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2.20
Our existence here on earth is that of existing for God. As a gardener (albeit a pathetic one as of late), I figure there is the slimmest view of the joy God has in His creation. In the act of gardening is a deep affection, a sense of being responsible for caring for each individual plant's welfare. Does this plant lack water? I will give it.
This, perhaps, also gives a glimpse into God's sustaining power when we face difficulties and trials. I give the plant water when the hot, terrible sun of August burns the ground. I make the effort of carrying either hose or watering can to the plant, creating a reservoir to let the water drain in over a longer period of time.
Let us look at life then: As the hot sun of a trial burns us, and we wilt before its rays, God brings us water. We can get this water through the Spirit, and through the Scripture we read (check out Psalm 19).
Much like the plant, though, it up to us to reach out and draw the water into our very cells. The plant can sit there with water at its roots...but if the plant does not make the effort to pull in the water, it will be alone under the scorching sun. It will not matter how much water I offer the plant, how much love I give it, it will be alone without making an effort.
The love of God is ready for the taking. There is an endless reservoir waiting to fill our cells with His love, peace and comfort in the midst of life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment