I have been having a lot of ups and downs with my RA--flares for about 4 days, "health" for 3. I am trying so desperately to do something else with my life besides be home, struggling to do even the simplest things...things I used to do with ease, things that I did without contemplating the effort needed.
I have looked into the schooling I will likely need if ever I go back to nursing. Giving up nursing has to be one of the hardest things of RA. I so heart-wrenchingly do NOT want to stop...I figured I would manage to get enough control of RA, like someone with diabetes, that I could do more things and not have the worst sickness overwhelming me as I try. I stopped nursing nearly 2 years ago...and my time is nearly up for holding a license and not working. I was so sure that I would be "free" of RA, or have it under control, by now. It does not seem to be happening.
I want to help in my family. Take care of my family. Take care of others like I trained so hard to do. I spent two years working so hard in nursing school...and now it seems like such a waste of time. Worked so hard, and now I cannot seem to do it. I nearly wish that I had not bothered paying to keep my license this last year and already went to "inactive" status. While I could do so now...I am gripping so hard to not loose that slip of paper. Perhaps if I had already given up (and I could "reactivate" it) I would not feel so desperate to somehow manage to work as an RN. I so love nursing. I just cannot do it. And I hate the judgement from the world because I am not working.
If I had children, I would have some relaxation against not working...but as it is, the world sees me as a lazy person, who collects free money (which I don't). I worked so hard to be a nurse...and it has been ripped from my hands. I can't even drive a car on a day-to-day basis. How can I be a nurse? I can't drive to a job site. And as far as I have looked, no telecommunication job as a nurse will hire me because I only got to work a year as a nurse.
So I think I will go have a good cry...
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment