Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Hatred

Reading the book Tpurtured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand. Fascinating. Only about 20 pages in this far---RA making for a sleep overwhelmed day. 
However, a quote interests me. He speaks on page 3 of my copy of his atheist beginnings. Raised an atheist, he was unable to pass a church without entering; intriguing considering this statement: "it was not that I did not believe in God or Christ----I hated these notions, and considered them harmful to the human mind". What a way with words!
I have of course heard other once atheists state such things. I, who do not recall a time God and Christ was not as real to me as air, find such thoughts fascinating. How the human mind can hate something it must know, deep down, is real. 

While along a slightly different track, let us consider the poisoning of the Word. I am thinking of a time before my RA hit when my faith was nearly destroyed, obliterated. This happened by the poisoning of the Word by another. While I KNEW what I read was fact, was the Light, Truth...the great deceiver found a way to work his way between me and God----though only on one side of my house frame. So while this is not a story of hatred of God, it gives an example of how that deception can continue for the lost. 
The rot that set in sounds, as I retell it, so much like the story of Eve and the serpent. Literally, the poison said to every word I read of Scripture, though I knew it to be truth, "Is that REALLY what He said? Is that really what He MEANT?" 
In desperation to fight it, along with fitful praying, I read through the Scripture for the first time in my life from beginning to end...arguing with the poisoned side of me. That wretched side fought hard, making each word and letter a point of debate. Sounds a great deal like most atheists, and many believers who have side stepped...
Finally, praise the Lord! I found the verse that is the heading at the top of my blog page. While I passed numerous verses that say the same thing, it was that one which was so solid, so real, so incredibly profound, irrefutable, that the poisoned part of me was forever snipped off. 
However, while I never hated god during this time, and desperately clung to Him, it gave me, I think, the slightest glimpse into what my fellows had before their faith. A time of terror and unrest. 
We must, as we walk with our King, watch ourselves closely. We must, as we are extorted by the epistles, test every spirit to see where it comes from. We must study His great scripture, beginning to end, that we might know when we are being led astray, to refute poor choices. We must watch for wolves in sheep's clothing, for indeed it is frighteningly easy to be led off the right path. It is no wonder we are given so many warnings against such things! We must pray often, worship mightily, and never forsake the company of others, helping each other through life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day