Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, May 26, 2016

RA Post: Every symptom of RA that I feel---edited 5.29.16

My post on RA pain symptoms is quite popular. So here is a slightly expanded version.

Beyond the pain, which is dreadful at times, there is a great deal of heat involved. Every joint is too warm, fevers abound. I will have times of sweating to the point it drips off of the hair on my head, soaked blankets, drenched clothes...all while sitting or lying in bed. I may change pajamas three times in a night.
Nausea comes with the pain and fevers. If the fever begins to abate, the nausea lightens. Pretty much you are in miserable pain that makes even a wrinkled sheet feel like a knife blade while having the worst of influenza. There is an overwhelming exhaustion with this higher level of pain. Pain is exhausting to the body according the medical personal I have spoken to. Also, because my body is out to kill my joints, there is an "infection" raging in my body at all times. The exhaustion one has with a really bad case of flu or a bad infection---the same I have.
When I was first sick, I managed to work for a little while. Then the exhaustion and nausea began to build, and build, and build. Then I slept for months...lost 35 pounds in six weeks because I could not eat anything.
The medications I take (or can take) to "control" RA work by trying to stop these overzealous cells from killing my body. When they work, I am in less pain, which in turn makes me less nauseated, less tired.


No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day