Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Saturday, May 21, 2016

A Christian is Fearless

He wants those who belong to Him to be brave and fearless. He Himself shows how weakness of the flesh is overcome by courage of the Spirit. This is the testimony of the apostles and in particular of the representative, administrating Spirit. A Christian is fearless.  Turtelli
Forgotten God. Francis Chan. page 45

How many times are we truly fearless? Most of the time we walk through the trials of life (at least as they begin) refusing to ask for help. 

I am not fearless. There are a great many days in which I am terrified of the future with my illness---whether I end up sick and alone in some nursing home, desperate for my medication pass, desperate for some relief. 
Yet I know from experience at my weakest, sickest, saddest moments that if I cry out to God, He answers. He provides me with the strength, courage and peace to go on with the day, even if I am sick in bed. I also know that, much like an iceberg at sea, the strength and such I receive is just the beginning of what is possible for me from Him.
We should not be afraid to ask God for things---for His strength, wisdom, courage. Nor should we be afraid to ask for healing, jobs. He cares for us. Sometimes the answers are no--though I have never had a "no" for the courage and strength and peace. I still have RA. Whether or not I am healed or enter remission is in God's hands...whether I am able to be a nurse in the field again is what God wills.

Chan asks more or less.....The question is if, whatever happens, are we going to remain God's child? Am I, today, whether sick and asleep in bed, or awake and doing what I can, God's child? Do I make that choice that no matter what happens He is my King, Savior and Lord?
That choice is what makes the difference in trials, persecution and suffering. For with the choice to be God's though and through means we can have the ability to face whatever without fear. The opposite choice is one of insistent terror, one of no hope; a life of endless destruction. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day