Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, May 6, 2016

A World of Noise

"The scripture has served its purpose; it has quieted your mind; it has brought you to Him" Jeanne Guyon. experiencing the depths of Jesus Christ. 1965, seed shower publishing Florida. Pg 10.

One of my favorite Psalms, I believe it is 19, but my Bible is upstairs and my feet are hot and killing me, so I shan't go get it. Regardless, the verse in the Pslams goes to tell us how healing, quieting and uplifting the Lord is, by His laws statutes. 
The world is noisy. Being a country girl, there is little I like better than a summer day, standing in the middle of a tree edged field, closing my eyes and enjoy the sound of the earth breathing. The trees rustling in the breeze; hot, bread-like smells rising from the field of grasses; ravens swooping and creaking coarsely above on the wind, playing in their own way. That is a silence that, while not silent, fills me with wonder at the Lord. 
A similar glory fills me with wonder, and that is a jet black star filled night. Incredible. 
But normally we are overwhelmed with stimuli. Television, radio, cell phones, the day to day things to be done. 
I do not write this to say stop living. I use TV to help me deal with the nausea of RA. It is wonderful for days when I cannot hold even a kindle upright in my hands from pain. No, do not stop living.  Instead, make your life alive. 
Few could say I have an exciting, fulfilled life. Being a newlywed nurse who can neither work nor do many of the dating things she once did is a rather empty life in the standard of the world---especially if she is housebound and half bedbound. No, few would say that she was alive. 
And yet, by the strength and grace of God, there are days and times in which I feel more life alive in me than before when I was working full time, going out on dates with my husband, visiting friends. The breath of the Spirit in us is true life, a hint of the eternal life we have started, but only complete, in a sense, when we are in Paradise. 
Feeling alive while trapped and limited by disease is a desperate longing. So long as I try in a physical sense to be alive, I continue to be disappointed...trying to force myself to do things rarely works out well. Like many of us trying to do something alone, like battling sin and needing God's help after all, I have to have God to feel alive. 
Read the Word, devour the gift sitting in your bookcase, let the words pour into every molecule of your soul. There are so many answers; help leaps from the pages to revitalize body, mind and soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day