Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Waiting With The View Of An Eagle

Secret Strength. J. E. Tada

...waiting on God gives us the kind of perspective that an eagle must have. Our surroundings come into focus. Our horizons are broadened. We see our place in the scheme of things.

I wait a lot. I wait for pain medications to work and make life bearable. I wait at doctor's offices. I wait for people to come home and be there for me. I wait to see if the RA medications are going to work at all. I wait to see if God might allow for my release from RA. 

Waiting is not as hard as it was...one, I am not overall as sick as I was although not the person I was 15 months ago either. Two, I would have to agree that waiting on the Lord is the only way to survive life with RA, and, as memory serves, life without RA. 

Joni states earlier in this paragraph that waiting on the Lord is not passive--not like waiting in line at the grocery store. Waiting on God is active. And that it is. 

If we are to truly my wait on God, we have put our hope and trust into His thoughts, wishes and strength. We have decided that whatever God allows is worth some great thing----even if we cannot or do not see it. We have told our Father that we will do as He says, and trust His care for us. We have this bond with Him during this waiting-trust that keeps us focused on Him, not what we face that makes us tremble in fear.

This waiting indeed fills us with strength and perseverance, for who can harm us and what can harm us when we are with God? My body may manage to destroy itself by attacking itself, but what is really me, my spirit, cannot be touched by anything due to my Salvation. 

Certainly the processes in life, whether emotional or physical traumas, are not pleasant. Our own dear Savior is well aware of that; more so, being abandoned by God on the cross, while we never really are abandoned. Yet this body is cursed from generations of sin. Imagine a time when we are never sick, injured, saddened, hurt by words or actions? Imagine the strength we might have? Marathons would likely last weeks. (Laughs)
So dwell on God. Wait on Him for the joys of spirit that He brings. It is worth the wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day