John 12:27-28New International Version (NIV)27 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father,save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again."
While this passage is most assuredly speaking of Christ while He considers the Future...I cannot help but see myself in this verse through my various trials.
Indeed, do I not feel incredibly troubled and sickened at the thought of what I face now---the idea that I will have pain and physical destruction the rest of my life? Of course. My soul can be so troubled I cannot even find the words to describe it. Even in prayer to God I may be speechless on the terror and worries I feel.
I often have asked for a release from various trials and tribulations. I have gotten such things at times---one time in particular He released me from a suffering that was too great at the time, although I did have to fight that giant another year. I still feel blessed that he removed that trial for a time...nearly as if He said "enough", and let me get stronger in other ways.
I do not think that God dislikes us asking that our burdens be removed, lessened, etc. I think it is the manner in which we ask.
If I take a problem to God with the attitude that if He does not lessen it I shall be belligerent towards my King, I fear it will not go over well. He is, after all, not a "tame" God, but so overwhelmingly good...and does indeed know that a spoiled child may not have all he wishes, necessarily. Hardships soften our hearts and souls...prepare us for other trials better. We learn to be better assistants to those about us in the Body and out...to be a better example of His love.
If we ask for a reprieve from hardships with an honoring spirit, willing to continue with the trial as God wills, we will find and receive one thing for certain. We will have more strength and feel more love from God due to the openness of our spirit. We, at that moment, tell God that we are.not to be turned from Him. Regardless of what happens, we want to be by God's side, believe and trust in Him, follow His great plans. We say at that time He is our God, not that we are His god by an arrogant attitude.
In this moment, I am a semi-well RA positive married woman without children who has many limitations. I can, however, bring honor and glory to God (in my feeble human way) in the midst of life by the way I chose to act towards others and God. I am here, on this earth, at this very moment to bring glory to God. What an incredible thing. Imagine that someday, after fighting the evils of the world, even those who died at birth, will be told by Him "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
That one sentence has thrilled me beyond words for several years. I believe for more than 15years. The idea that anything I have fought while standing beside my King was noteworthy enough to be told such a sentence boggles my mind. He says it. To me. For fighting and struggling in a sinful world to be with God. A good and faithful servant. Indeed, He is worthy of such glory---glory beyond anything I could ever imagine to give.
|
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment