(NIV) Acts 17.26 26 From
one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole
earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the
boundaries of their lands.
For other versions click here
If He set the stars, planets, moons, comets and microscopic dust in the reaches of space in a certain place and to move at a certain time and speed...and we are born in a certain time, a certain place and about certain people, how perrfectly perfect it is that we are here.
I have often thought that I seemed out of place with the world. What humors others often does not amuse me, what interests me is often not a mainstream interest. I feel I do not belong, but obviously by this verse I am meant to be in this time frame, speaking to the people I meet and know, walking (shall we say limping?) the walk I walk.
Perhaps the feeling of not belonging in the world for those of us of the faith is due to that verse of our not belonging to this world. We only love the world if we are of it. We are meant to live with God...and when our faith is real, we belong less to the world than we did before. This is a good thing, considering that the world we live in is a shattered simile to that which we do belong. I would consider that those who refuse to have faith and also feel that feeling of unsettling detachment to the world feel it because of the gaping hole they refuse to fill. We need God. We know that this place we call home is not right.
So if we are here, now, why are we here and now? What is so great about this special time-frame?
I take from the opening verse, as a comfort, that as I am placed in the world in this time with these people...that I must also fight the fights I fight, take on the illnesses given me, and continue, in the best manner possible, to honor God, to love those about me...and if any way possible, continue to be the servant towards others.
We should consider that we are all here at this time for a reason. I think that sometimes we look for too deep of a reason, and that that searching hinders our reason. Not all of us are pastors of churches. Not all of us publish books that set fire to the land. That may not be our calling; that is not wrong. One knows if one is being called towards one form of service or another. I have had people who are of great, unmentionable worth to me because of the kind words, notes and prayers sent towards me. While they have not, perhaps, reached someone's heart in Asia, they have indeed made a difference in my life.
Words are extraordinarily powerful. After all, the Son of God is called the Word---and God created all that is about us with Words. I tend to think that we are all here, in whatever time-frame, for a couple of things. We should first and foremost love and honor God. We should show others the love of God by our actions and lives, and conversations as often as we can. The best way to show love, for me...has always been by words.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment