Ingrim, in his book 'God, as He longs you to see Him", mentions that we work on ways of demanding God keep us comfortable. A "tame" God.
When I read the paragraph that I mention above, I made this notation: "Would I really want a "tame God"? Someone who listened and answered completely my foolish ideas? What a terrible, horrible idea! I can't make good choices now, it I had a "tame God" to order around, I fear my world would be much much worse.
Indeed, though, we do look for ways of controlling God. Saying just the right thing in prayer. Doing just the right work at church or a missions food bank, being in a Bible study (not that those are not valuable!)...but we should not expect that because we did God a favor, He will necessarily do one back. I know that there are miracles, I have heard them from people I do not think are merely "telling tales", and I know from personal experience God answers prayers.
I read a book about cloistered nuns which was interesting. One nun in particular said that because they gave up so much, served God all of the time, their prayers were very important, because God seemed to owe them something for the service.
We need to consider, though, He has given us the biggest favor in the universe! Given us the chance to truly live, and to live in Paradise with Him on that last day that hits all of us. Nor does He leave us alone on this broken world to manage on our own. He is there, willing to lend us His strength, love, honor and joy.
He does know what we face, and I am certain loves us all the more dearly for continuing to hold onto His being with every fibre of strength.
Charles Swindol said that 'Satan and God often want the same things, but for different reason. Satan wanted the crucifixion for rebellion...God wanted it for redemption'.
Also...when has the genie in the bottle story panned out very well for the genie-owner? Would we really want a "genie" at our beck and call? I'd rather an "untame" God who knew all and was taking care of me regardless of situation.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment