Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, September 23, 2016

Another Trial Tale

"Sometimes and at som places the atmosphere is so charged and electric with the Divine that inspiration alights and burns on everything; and never was this more true than at the cross"
The Trial and Death of Jesus Christ: A devotional look b James Stalker (highly highly recommnd getting this ook on Amazon. It is free and among my very favorites. If you do not get any other book I recommend---get this one. It changes the way you look at Christ.)

I have been having the very worst of weeks this last month. Every week I am sick for up to 5 days from my RA meds. Thn I am so overwhelmed and relieved at being "better" that exhausted tears and weary slumber replace the remaining days until wham! another shot of meds. Whether the weather is playing a part or what is making it worse, I do not know. 

I despice life because of the dread of upcoming sick days, the weariness of today---the tears I cannot keep from falling.

Yet...the msiery of the cross is still the most misery any man has or will feel on earth, what with all the sins, misery and punishment placed on the man. As Stalker points out, Christ died in 6 hours. Most cruciixions lasted longer than that---recall PIlate was shocked that He had died already. The physical body of Christ could no longer take the toil of what life demanded of it.
My point is that, as hard as it is for me to stand, or for that matter understand, there has to be a reason, and a good and holy reason, for all that happens.
We are smoothed awaty by all that happens to us. Think of a child. Children, as much as we love them, are sinful little beings. They think only of themselves (as we do, and pretend we do not). Life's lessons, with the teaching Spirit, buff away all the rouh, sharp edges. The most incredible, soft people I have ever met are those of Christ's for years and years. They are at the edge of going home...and the brightness of God shines from them in my eyes more than I can descrie. Failing bodies we all have...but our spirit should be abounding with the power of God.

Christ's suffering had a purpose. Being God, He knew the purpose---and yet even He askd to escape it. However, as I said, He knew that the trials He would shortly face would be the trials spoken of in and out of time. The most important moment in man's existence, that we may indeed be ever with God.
Whether our own trials bring us closer to God, or help bring others closer to God, we are to not despair (I fear I am doing so much lately), but call upon Him, and continue in the manner we can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day