Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, December 22, 2016

The Smitten Rock

I was reading a book by Josiah Tidwell (highly recommend him, and he has free public domain books on Amazon!) and he mentioned as a Messianic prophecy the rock that Moses hit in the desert for water. Just in a list to study--he pointed out nothing that I will share with you. 2. The rock in the desert was practically what he wrote.

I have never heard anyone use that as a pointer to Christ--which all the Scripture points towards Him. Read the passage in Numbers, chapter 20.
If you think about it, that rock in the desert makes perfect sense. The people of Israel were wandering, without water, and desperate. God instructed Moses to command a certain rock, which he struck, and then the rock spewed forth water. As an aside, because Moses hit the rock rather than commanding it, he was punished to never enter the land of the Israelites God had prepared. (I cannot imagine the despair of Moses.)

Jesus was struck physically by the Jewish leaders, physically by the Romans, and physically by the stakes impaled into His arms and feet. He was struck verbally by these people also. The Rock, the true Rock, "The Lord is my Rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn (strength) of my salvation, my stronghold." Ps 18.2
Also interesting is how the Rock was struck by the leaders of Israel, just as Moses was the leader of the People. The passage of Numbers points out how the leaders would strike the one true Rock.

Before the Rock was struck, He prepared His followers. "If you love Me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever---the Spirit of Truth." John 14.15-16.
Read this: "Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and Who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked Him and He would have given you living water." John 4.10
The Rock, Christ, beaten and crucified, died and risen, sent us all Living Water, the Holy Spirit. 

What a wonderful, incredible gift. 
I love the links of the Old Testament that point out so very clearly that Christ fits as Savior of the world. The seemingly smallest verse screams out that He is indeed the Messiah. It is incredible, as I have done although got distracted eventually, to read the Word from the Beginning with the idea of looking for signs of Christ. I highly suggest it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day