Someone mentioned living as if you were living in Heaven to me the other day---
and I said that I live in Heaven often.
I may not volunteer enough, be enough places or do a great many other things that are important. But I do often live in Heaven.
20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst. Luke 17 (Biblegateway)
He has already come, the Spirit is within us, the Kingdom is here now. The main question is, are we going to be "in" the Kingdom, or merely residents sitting and squandering our time?
I do not mean that we are not active in the community---that is indeed important. But what is also important, more important, is one's own activity in the Kingdom.
People will see a difference in each of us based on the activity we have in the Kingdom. Are we sitting and channel surfing? Are we reading x amount of minutes, praying down a list for so many minutes a day?
I am in the Kingdom. Some days I am more in the Kingdom than others; some days I am barely in the gate, sitting only because the price has been paid. Outside is the gnashing of teeth which poisons thoughts. Inside is peace and safety regardless of the life we walk.
When I am most in the Kingdom, at this point in my life, I am ill and in bed. And I feel, like a small child of three or four, that I lay in the arms of my Father. That His great hand smooths the hair on my weary, fevered head. That His fingers wipe the tears of my illness away, and that He speaks softly to me with Words from His book. Words written so long ago can be wrapped around me in a blanket of love so deep that I would not even be seen could the love be visible.
Be in the Kingdom. Reach for God with everything you own and possess. Being saved is incredible, being in the Kingdom and knowing God more and more every day is indescribable.
“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man
found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had
and bought that field." Matt 13.44
Nothing is worth more than God, the Kingdom. Reach and call, see what wonders He has for you---even as "little" and incredibly grand as telling the sick little girl of 28 that she is not alone, is loved so dearly, and every tear is wiped away.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment