Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Monday, August 3, 2015

RA Post: Considerations About an RA Anniversary.

I was scrolling over Facebook, admiring everyone's babies, trips and what-have-you...and began mulling over things.
I am near my 1 year anniversary of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I wish I wasn't. I am so very worn out of being sick...and trying to figure out how to force myself to go places when I will start melting into a puddle of nausea and ick and terrible pain. I want to be able to at least (new goal) be able to go see family and friends. Once a week. At this point, while I am greatly relieved to be able to get up and be up almost all day (3 or 4 is my give out time)...when before I spent months and months laying on my couch/bed. It is wonderful to be up, to see people and be able to have visitors...

I am just so tired of being sick. I am mostly patient with it now, having had a year of practice. But I wanted to have children, and at this point I could not adequately take care of them. You can't have a mama that falls asleep in a chair without meaning to.
I want to be able to clean house without having to stop after ten or fifteen minutes and rest another hour to be sure of no joint damage.

But. I am here. I am better. I am 25% of the person I was physically a year ago. Spiritually...much more. And that last part has made the illness and the horrible-ness of this disease worth it. There are just a few things I wish I had.

I will be putting my license on an "inactive" status. My nursing license can be inactive for three years, and then if I reactivate after that, I have to take a renewal course. I don't want to make it inactive, I want to be a nurse. I love nursing. But my body cannot do what is required. Maybe, maybe if I had not worked so hard after school, been a part time nurse...my body may have lasted longer. But it was inevitable. I could see the RA coming. Joint pain was there, mildly, sleeplessness...exhaustion. I just never knew this was such a hard disease, having met patients that were not sick at all.

Again, as I say, I am very grateful for my blessings: parents, siblings, dear dear friends, my most loving husband, and his family are so wonderful to me. God has indeed provided people for me. And I can never thank anyone who has helped, visited, or anything enough. Even my readers make me feel more loved...so thanks for reading, and we will continue with a nurse's rheumatoid and God experience. Peace upon you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day