Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, August 7, 2015

Grateful

More Precious than Silver. J.E. Tada

 

2 cor 7:10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

I would say it this way: I would rather be in this wheelchair knowing Him than on my feet without Him. Everything else, everything worldly, pales in comparison.

My life has change 100%. I miss out on a lot of events, because I either cannot make it that day or cannot stay very long. I cannot be a nurse now, and I do not know if I can ever return to the job I loved. 
Yet, at this point, nearly a year after I woke up with rheumatoid arthritis, I am nearly ok with not being able to work, not driving, all the many things that I did but do not. I am 25% the person I was. 

Yet I am 100% the person I am now...what with spending more time in Bible studies, and a deeper relationship with my RA sister, my non-RA sister, my friends, and all my "parents" and parents. I do not want to be sick, to be limited in what I do. But there are many things that I do now and did not.

I would rather have rheumatoid arthritis and know God, and know Him deeper, than be free of illness and have less of a relationship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day