In Ezekial, God speaks of Satan, and the status that he had help, much as the Isaiah 14 passage earlier speaks of the same thing.
Ezekiel 28.14-18
“You were the anointed cherub who [a]covers,
And I placed you there.
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 “You were blameless in your ways
From the day you were created
Until unrighteousness was found in you.
16 “By the abundance of your trade
[b]You were internally filled with violence,
And you sinned;
Therefore I have cast you as profane
From the mountain of God.
And I have destroyed you, O [c]covering cherub,
From the midst of the stones of fire.
17 “Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor.
I cast you to the ground;
I put you before kings,
That they may see you.
18 “By the multitude of your iniquities,
In the unrighteousness of your trade
You profaned your sanctuaries.
Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you;
It has consumed you,
And I have turned you to ashes on the earth
In the eyes of all who see you. ( BibleGateway )
Here was a creation who walked in the great Heaven of God, one of God's elite angels, yet he rebelled against God and was removed from the presence of God.
Funny, isn't it? People generally have the idea that if they "live a good life" and avoid murdering people, they will "make it" into Heaven, or "earn" their way into Heaven. Yet I cannot say I have ever heard one person claim, even on ridiculous movies who claim "good" hearted people go to Heaven, that Satan will go to Heaven, so long as he is good hearted. Never have a I heard that "well, he only made the ONE mistake of wanting to be like God--and who wouldn't want to be like God? I'm sure that, after the whole Fall of Man thing, he stopped doing things, and will make it to heaven. After all, it is all about earning your way, having a good heart." Or, equally saddening to me is the current ideology that "all paths lead to Heaven"...which they do not.
But Man is certain that he holds the keys to his own salvation, that he can march into God's presence at the end of time. Never mind all the passages in the Old and New Testament that state otherwise.
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14 ( NIV)
Man was made in the image of God, a unique and, perhaps, honoring gift. We were to be the rulers, caretakers and such of the earth.
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” Gen 2 ( NIV )
It wasn't enough to be made in the image of God. We wanted to be God, and in doing so, chose generations of misery and sorrow. We continue to think of ourselves as little gods. Admitting we are unkind, cruel and awful people takes a great deal of courage. The selfishness in our hearts is sometimes well hidden, but is often so obvious that it is startling.
With the whole world in a state of despair, we try and create paradise...but rather like a house missing 90% of its foundation, we can never create paradise. It takes God to get closest to paradise here on earth. And it will take the completion of evil's final death gasp at the end of the Millennial Kingdom for us to fully reach Paradise.
***Watch this great Amir Tsarfati episode to understand the Millennial Kingdom, if you are confused about when, where and how the Kingdom comes to pass: Behold Israel)
**Then please read the passage from Revelations 20 to make sure I don't have a mistake--- ( Rev 20 NIV )
I
think we all somehow feel something is missing in this world...we hear
the descriptions of Paradise in Genesis, and we read of the Millennial
Kingdom when Jesus stands as King of the World in Jerusalem, and it
sounds so good to believing ears. This is why I saw that Communism and
Socialism really could work...but only under the reign of Christ. At the end of those Thousand Years, though, Satan goes out to create another war on God. Another attempt at making little gods of everyone.
For those waiting for Christ to gather us to Him, though, remember these words in this hard life--and scary time for many.
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."
John 14 ( NIV ).
Life is very awful here, and I will be the first to say so. But someday it will all end, and end well. Unlike our lives here, or the books we read, nothing ends "happily ever after" without God being in control--which He is. We will walk under the banner of the Most High God, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. His prophecies given us are always right and true, and always come to pass. Look for yourself at the prophecies on Christ's first arrival--and they all have come to pass! That is statistically impossible. I say, trust the King of All over the wanna-bes. Maranatha, oh my King! Maranatha!
John 14 ( NIV ).
Life is very awful here, and I will be the first to say so. But someday it will all end, and end well. Unlike our lives here, or the books we read, nothing ends "happily ever after" without God being in control--which He is. We will walk under the banner of the Most High God, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. His prophecies given us are always right and true, and always come to pass. Look for yourself at the prophecies on Christ's first arrival--and they all have come to pass! That is statistically impossible. I say, trust the King of All over the wanna-bes. Maranatha, oh my King! Maranatha!
No comments:
Post a Comment